Sanford Adler's Hillcrest View Estates

Sanford Adler followed the success of his California Country Club Estates development with the 68-lot (immodestly named) "Sanford Adler's Hillcrest View Estates" ( Tract 19015, filed October 22, 1953).  This tract is a re-subdivision of the José de Arnaz ranch on Rancho Rincón de los Bueyes .
 
The Los Angeles Times often ran articles on the development on  the same day as it carried advertisements promoting it in "Cheviot Hills," in the "Cheviot Hills area," and "adjacent to Hillcrest Country Club."  The articles said that all 410 homes in California Country Club Estates had already been sold.  

Several "noted builders" erected the homes.  Models were at 2705 Medill Place, 2800 and 2876 Anchor Avenue.  The realtor was Harry Baron & Co. Monte-Mar Vista and Weber-Diller Construction's 1949 Tract 13945 to its immediately north were between Hillcrest View and Hillcrest Country Club. 

Streets

Anchor Avenue was established by the Weber-Diller tract and extended into this one.  Medill Place , north of Beverlywood Street, was renamed Krim Drive on February 24, 1956.  Anchor and Medill became namesakes for fossil-bearing formations left by ancient seas:  Anchor Silt and Medill Sand .  West Adams Boulevard and Carbee Place (formerly the shortest street in Monte-Mar Vista) became Beverlywood Street on February 2, 1956.
November 28, 1954, Los Angeles Times advertisement.
December 5, 1954, Los Angeles Times advertisement.
March 6, 1955, Los Angeles Times advertisement.
April 24, 1955, Los Angeles Times article.
June 5, 1955, Los Angeles Times advertisement.
June 5, 1955, Los Angeles Times article.
June 19, 1955, Los Angeles Times article.
June 19, 1955, Los Angeles Times advertisement.
June 19, 1955, Los Angeles Times article.